- The costs are based upon a couple travelling together.
- We did not travel as part of an organised tour group but as independent travelers.
- Not considered is the entry or exit transport into/out of the country.
- We are digital nomads so base ourselves in accommodation that has good Wi-Fi.
- Included in the overall daily costs (for the period of time we are in the country) are:
- Our mail scanning and forwarding service
- Mobile phone plan
- Travel insurance.
Where We Travelled
Travel Costs Summary Table
|Categories||USD per person per day|
|Total USD per person per day||$39.62|
Guatemala has (so far) been the cheapest country for us to explore as part of our journey in 2017. Our leisure activities included Sandra’s week of Spanish lessons in Antigua (USD99), our hike up Pacaya Volcano, entry fees into the various National Parks and Mayan sites as well as the transport to and from them.
Other Cost Summaries and Budgets
Travel budget websites calculated the costs as shown in below widget and table. We are unsure whether their data includes entry/exit cost. However, it is good to compare our actual versus their data.
|Name||Daily Amount Per Person - USD||Comments|
|Lonely Planet||$54.51||Budget (up to)|
|Travel Your Memories||$48.00||Rounded amounts for 21-night visit|
|Brittany’s Adventures||$115.06||Breakdown of actual|
|Expert Vagabond||$26||Breakdown of actual|
|Snarky Nomad||$29.60||Breakdown of actual|
|Bunch of backpackers||$46.00||Breakdown of atual|