- The costs are based upon a couple travelling together.
- We did not travel as part of an organised tour group but as independent travelers.
- Not considered is the entry or exit transport into/out of the country.
- We are digital nomads so base ourselves in accommodation that has good Wi-Fi.
- Included in the overall daily costs (for the period of time we are in the country) are:
- Our mail scanning and forwarding service
- Mobile phone plan
- Travel insurance.
Where We Travelled
Travel Costs Summary Table
|Categories||USD per person per day|
|Total USD per person per day||$50.07|
Our travel costs for Mexico were higher than average due to the flight to/from Mexico City, in order for Paul to attend the CDMX Half Marathon. Our leisure activities included transport and entry to several cenotes, Mayan ruins, motorcycle hire in Tulum, museum entry fees, and the entry fee for the CDMX Half Marathon. We did a lot of activities in Mexico, but we only just scratched the surface. It is a big country and there is lots more to experience.
Feature photo by Jezael Melgoza on Unsplash