- The costs are based upon a couple travelling together.
- We did not travel as part of an organised tour group but as independent travelers.
- Not considered is the entry or exit transport into/out of the country.
- We are digital nomads so base ourselves in accommodation that has good Wi-Fi.
- Included in the overall daily costs (for the period of time we are in the country) are:
- Our mail scanning and forwarding service
- Mobile phone plan
- Travel insurance.
Where we travelled
Travel Costs Summary Table
|Categories||USD per person per day|
|Total USD per person per day||$24.82|
If Guatemala was already significantly cheaper than any other country we had visited in 2017, Nicaragua was even more affordable. With under USD7 per person per night, our accommodation costs were the lowest this year.
Our leisure activities included entry into the Museo de la Revolucion, the Cathedral and the Centro de Arte Fundación Ortíz-Gurdián in León, as well as a day’s car hire to visit the Laguna de Apoyo and Pueblos Blancos near Granada. The government costs were the tourist card.
Other Cost Summaries and Budgets
Travel budget websites calculated the costs as shown in the below widget and table. We are unsure whether their data includes entry/exit cost. However, it is good to compare our actual versus their data.
|Name||Daily Amount Per Person - USD||Comments|
|Lonely Planet||$35||Budget (up to)|
|Suitcase and Heels||$92.68||Actual|