Privacy, Disclosure and Transparency Policy
This policy has been compiled to better serve those who are concerned with how their personally identifiable information is being used online, what our relationship is with affiliate partners and what impact they may have when it comes to our opinions.
What is personally identifiable information?
When do we collect it?
We collect information from you when you register on our site, subscribe to our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, fill out a form, place an order, provide us with feedback on our products or services or use certain other site features.
What personal data do we collect?
- visit our website, we collect technical data such as information related to cookies. You can accept or decline cookies by modifying the settings on your browser.
- subscribe to our newsletter, we collect personal data such as name, email address and personal account preferences.
- order products or services from us, we collect additional information such as address and transactional data such as purchase information.
We do not sell, trade or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information, except for the following service providers who we use to provide our services:
We may release information when its release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect our or others’ rights, property or safety. Non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising or other purposes.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computer’s hard drive through your web browser (if allowed based on your settings). It enables the site’s or service provider’s systems to recognize your browser, and capture and remember certain information. Cookies are used to help providers to
- remember and process the items in your shopping cart;
- understand your preferences based on previous or current site activity; or
- compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interaction.
so that they can offer better site experiences and tools in the future.
What about embedded content?
To give you an example: Our MailerLite embedded forms don’t use any cookies. Nevertheless, some forms might have the __cfduid cookie. This cookie is set by the CloudFlare service we use to identify trusted web traffic. Please read more about this cookie here.
What can I do about cookies?
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Since every browser is a little different, look at your browser’s Help Menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies. Your user experience shouldn’t be affected if you turn cookies off.
Why do we collect your data?
We may use the information we collect from you in the following ways:
- to personalize your experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested
- to improve our website to better serve you
- to administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature
- to quickly process your transactions
- to ask for ratings and reviews of services or products
- to follow up after correspondence (live chat, email or telephone inquiries).
How long do we retain your data?
If you leave a comment on a post or page, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
How do we protect your information?
We do not use vulnerability scanning and/or scanning to the Payment Card Industry (PCI) Data Security Standard. We do use a regular Malware Scanning service called Akismet.
Your personal information is contained within secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. Also, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
In addition, our website management service provides a variety of security measures that are applied when a user enters, submits or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information.
What key regulations do we adhere to?
California Online Privacy Protection Act (CalOPPA)
As per CalOPPA, we agree to the following:
- Users can visit our site anonymously.
We do not specifically market to children under the age of 13 years old.
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them and spells out tough penalties for violations.
We collect your email address to:
- send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions
- process orders and to send information and updates about orders
- send you additional information related to your product and/or service
- market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after the original transaction has occurred.
In compliance with CAN-SPAM, we agree to the following:
- not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses
- identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way
- include the physical address of our business or site headquarters
- allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email
- honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly
- monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving emails, follow the instructions at the bottom of each email or email us at [email protected], and and we will promptly remove you from ALL correspondence.
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
Minimalist Journeys Limited makes every effort to ensure General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) compliance. In doing so, we disclose the following:
- We have never sold, we are not selling, and we will not sell any of your data provided to us. As far as we are aware, all affiliates programs we work with are GDPR compliant.
Who are our affiliate partners?
Minimalist Journeys Limited has affiliate relationships with merchants and participates in various affiliate programs. All companies we affiliate ourselves with have undergone a rigorous curation and vetting process. 99% of our affiliate partners are companies we have used personally and/or for our business, and are happy to recommend to our friends and family. We may use the remaining 1% in the future as and when we have the need.
Our affiliations provide us with earnings through commissions and referral fees: Should you purchase anything through the affiliate links placed on our website, in our email marketing campaigns or on our social media platforms, Minimalist Journeys Limited will receive a percentage of the sale at no extra cost to you. You are not obligated to click on any link nor purchase anything advertised.
We participate in the following affiliate programs:
|Affiliate Program||Earnings received for qualifying purchases of||Relevant policies we adhere to|
|Advanced Ads||WordPress plugins|
|Amazon Services LLC Associates||products and services on Amazon.com and affiliated websites|
|Apple Performance Partners||products and services on Apple iStore||Apple Performance Partners Program Terms and Conditions|
|Aussie House Sitters||annual subscriptions|
|AWIN / ShareASale||products and services of specific providers|
|CJ||products and services of specific providers||CJ Affiliate Publisher Service Agreement|
|Fiverr||freelance services||Terms of the Fiverr Affiliate Agreement|
|FlexOffers||products and services of specific providers||FlexOffers Affiliate Network Terms and Conditions|
|GetYourGuide||leisure activity services||GetYourGuide Partner Terms and Conditions|
|Impact||products and services of specific providers||Impact master campaign agreement|
|Kiwi House Sitters||annual subscriptions|
|MailerLite||email marketing services|
|OFX||international funds transfer|
|Private Box||mail scanning and forwarding services|
|SiteGround||web hosting services|
|Social Warfare||social media post sharing services|
|Superstar Blogging Program / Nomadic Matt Inc||courses related to travel blogging, photography, writing and vlogging|
|Thirsty Affiliates / Caseproof LLC||affiliate management plugin|
|Travel Payouts / Go.Travel / JetRadar||products and services of specific providers|
|Viator||leisure activity services||Viator Partner Program Terms and Conditions|
|Wireless Nation||wireless broadband internet services|
|Xero Shoes||footwork products|
|Yoast||search engine optimization plugin|
What impact do third parties have when it comes to our opinions?
All our opinions on this website, in our email marketing campaigns and on social media platforms are our own. Our opinions can’t be bought. Full stop.